RE: Brake Disc/Drum Protector?

<I have some precious spare drums and discs for my Alfas that I'd like
store on the shelf until needed (think years, hopefully).>

You need some dessicant with the parts inside a sealed enclosure to
absorb all moisture. No more moisture - no rust. Make plastic bags for
your parts out of 4-mil (better yet 6-mil) polyethylene from Home
Depot. Just fold over a big flat piece and roll the edges several
times then staple all around with a desk stapler. Before closing the
bag (with parts inside) throw in some dry rock salt (sidewalk stuff)
being careful not to get any on the parts. I used to seal my 1750
Spider like this for 6 mos. every winter with about 10 lbs. of salt.
Come Spring the brake disks were always shiny as was the polished
aluminum valve cover.
Gil
1985 Spider
Port Orange, FL