Brake Disc/Drum Protector?

I have some precious spare drums and discs for my Alfas that I'd like to
store on the shelf until needed (think years, hopefully).

With what should the steel parts be coated to protect them from the rust
monster? Can I grease them up and plan on a thorough cleaning when they come
off the shelf? Is there something better?

BTW, the storage location is relatively warm and always dry (it's a storage
room in the house).

TIA

Tom
Seattle