RE: Alfa fwd

>>While true, it doesn't alter the fact that FIAT made the decision to
>>go
FWD on all Alfa products. I doubt seriously if Alfa management would
have made that same decision left on their own. Of course I could be
wrong and maybe they would have. I just don't think so.<<

>Dubious. The Sud design project preceded the Fiat takeover by almost 20
years, with the platform then being used for the 33. The 164 project was
almost complete by >the time Fiat took over. Both these are fwd

Also don't forget about the Tipo 103 that Alfa was working on in 1960,
prolly as a response to the Mini.  I don't think Hruska was at Alfa at
that time so it would have been a Satta project, so Alfa management was
studying fwd long before FIAT became involved.

Cheers,
John
Seattle, WA

'73 GTV