Re: GTV6 resto

One addition to zip-lock fastener storage procedures: write the description on
a piece of masking tape and put the tape on the INSIDE of the bag.  That way
if it gets knocked off or the adhesive gives up (project gets shelved for a
little longer than you'd planned) the description is still where you need it,
not on the floor of the garage somewhere.  Obviously, use a permanent marker
so that oil and solvents don't erase your penmanship.  For larger fasteners
that won't get snapped off, I tend to use Luca's suggestion of threading the
fastener back into its original home (radiator bolts, crossmember bolts,
etc.).  Keep in mind that some fasteners for the same part will be different
lengths for different depths of the casting (e.g. the bellhousing) and should
be noted as such.  I've never worked on an Alfa 6 cyl. but the principles
should be the same.  Good Luck!

Bill Sinclair