Lopsided GTV

Now that we finally have nice weather and dry roads, I've been enjoying my newly restored 71 GTV. Since it spent all winter on jack stands, I didn't notice that the driver side front is about 1.5 inches higher than the front passenger side. The rear is also off as well. I installed all new suspension components including springs and new rubber spring seats. I got the springs from Ereminas, they are yellow and Don referred to them as sport springs. They are much shorter and stiffer than the stock springs I removed, but the ride is not bone jarring. I do not have the front swaybar installed yet as I don't want it to try to correct the difference of the two sides. If I jack up the passenger side front at the jacking point slightly, I can level out the car front and rear. I noticed that the driver side spring pan is shallower than the passenger side. With the stiffer springs would it make sense to have the same depth spring pan on each side? I also have a few front shims that are about 3/8 inch thick in my parts stash. Can I use multiple shims on the same side to level the car, or should I use one thicker shim? Are shims still available?

Dick Stachowiak

71 Spider
71 GTV