Salut Fred D.

I remember the first run in I had with Fred. ( Butted heads is a better term,
I think.) It was over the proper proceedure of replacing a water pump on a
2.5  Milano. I won't get into the conversation. But afterwards, I had chatted
online with Fred about other Alfa items. Got to know him a little, respected
him alot.  I even got to GIVE him a little advice, non Alfa related.
Fred may have seemed to most of the newcomers as a grumpy  guy.... But in
reality, he was the opposite.  He just didn't tolerate dumb questions or
comments.
I missed out on meeting him. I had plans to visit my Older brother in Odessa
Fl. outside of Tampa. Visiting Alfa Bill and Fred were to be on the
itinerary. I lose I guess. ( Don't worry Bill, your still in the plans. Any
visits from the Hillsborough Sheriff Deputies yet? ) :-)
My prayers got out to his family and friends.
And for one last time... " If you don't know what your doing on an
engine...You don't deserve an Alfa!! "  Fred Dimateo
 Rest in peace my friend.
Tim Timko