Re: YOU WANT TO WHAT? (etc.)

Hey y'all... I just wanted to update the list and thank everybody for their responses

To further explain myself, I have a history of bad monetary decisions, so I'm used to it. I have decided to take the plunge and already have an interested party or two in Audrey (my 1987 Audi 4000CS quattro, still available if anybody's interested). Oh, and as far as sound is concerned, preliminary plans involve a hidden Alpine deck (one of the Spiders I'm looking at has the original deck, and I really like the look) running two front 3.5" coaxials and two hidden 5.25" rears through a small 4 ch amp. (Orion amp and MB Quart speakers, if anybody cares).

And as far as the girl is concerned, when I mentioned that the Alfa had a 4x108 bolt pattern, she responded with "oh, that's what my ZX3 has."

Some people expressed concern over winter driving. In Santa Cruz, it doesn't exist. But we have rain that can make RWD fun. Of course, I think driving Highway 9 in a BMW 2002 with 140 hp and huge weight reductions (think 1900 lb) should qualify me pretty well.

lesse... what else? Oh... One reason I want a '70's Spider is because of the Injection system. William Gibson called it the Tamogachi Gesture, the desire to care for a difficult mechanical thing in order to make it seem more human (he explains it better), but I'm trying to get away from Bosch fuel injection. In fact, I'm also kinda trying to go for an unmodified car, too... In two years of driving, I've had a race prepped BMW 2002, a tricked 535i, a Dinan modified 735i, an off road modified Land Rover Discovery, and a (albeit slightly) modified Audi. I want that feel that the factory wanted me to have, if only briefly.

-Ben Kaupp
'87 Audi 4kcsq (she's crying Kendall 10-40, but I told her it's for the best)
'74-'78 Alfa Spider (so close!)