Re: YOU WANT TO WHAT?

Tess - you sound like an alright girl... one who loves alfas, and brought up coilovers (most girls eyes glaze over if I say that word) and romping a quattro.  We (as a general car loving guy statement) need more girl like you!
Girls can NEVER understand how I spend 8-5 at work everyday and then 6 - midnight at shop 2 days a week + all day sat and sunday at the shop (splitting time between the alfas and off road project).  They always tend to run when they see how much time I sepnd w/ cars.
Ben would be lucky to have girl appreciate the cars - heck anyone would!
Ben - being just out of college w/ 4 cars (a alfas and a race truck project) is keeping me BROKE!  Not to mention student loans!  My suggestion is to keep the quattro, save the pennies and do the alfa after school.

Steve Hartman
71 GTV - Euro - for sale
72 GTV - resto. project
89 ranger - Desert race truck project
89 honda civic SI - beat up rice box daily driver

<SNIP>
In a message dated 4/18/2003 12:18:54 PM Eastern Standard Time, owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

> I think someone pointed out that buying a Spider will make your girlfriend
> want to marry you. That's a debatable question too, from my standpoint
> (being of the female persuasion). The *right* girlfriend will want her
> own Spider, and then you'll get stuck fixing her car and your car, and
> you won't be spending a lot of time doing much else. But yes, you'll be
> able to test the mettle of your relationship, because a *wrong*
> girlfriend won't want to drive with the top down (gets the hair
> all messy), or doesn't like the exhaust smell, or will be sooooooo
> jealous of the car (you spend too much time in the garage fixing the
> Spider). The *really right* girlfriend will also figure out a way you can
> keep both cars. Then she'll take the Q-car and lower it with coilover
> suspension, put a chip in it, a higher-lift cam, a front strut-tower
> brace, super flowed exhaust, rear anti-sway bar, upgrade to Brembos ...
> and then she'll beat the cr*p outta you at the track when she's not
> lobbying to drive the Spider herself. Which by the way she'll be
> lobbying that you stiffen the suspension, add a competition-height
> rollbar, upgrade the wheels (get rid of those Turbinas - they ruin
> fingernails when you wash them), add an SS exhaust with glasspack, tune
> the Spica, and throw in a smaller Momo wheel to fit her hands
> better.... &:-) You could potentially be spending lots of
> time together in
> the garage as well....
<SNIP>