UniChip For V-6 L-Jetronic ECU

I (like many others)am contemplating the relative lack
of HP in my 2.5 L Milano Platinum. It kinda frustrates
me to know that most all cars out there generate more
HP from the same displacement. The main problem seems
to stem from the old, ANALOG L-Jet (it is NOT a
digital computer), which is rather limited in its
ability to manage an engine.  No wonder Alfa V-6s have
such low power compared to modern Japanese and German
engines of similar size.

There was a post here some weeks ago that offered a
glimmer of cost-effective hope, however. It dealt with
a device known as the UniChip, which connects between
the engine and the L-Jet ECU box. It intercepts the
L-Jet signals and modifies them so that there is a
greater control and range of engine management
functions. It is also rather cheap...$200 - $300
range. A friend has one on his WRX and it made a BIG
difference in HP. No, not subtle nor imagined. BTW, he
also owns a Milano 3.0.

Seems nobody took any interest in the last post on the
UniChip. Jack at The Racer's Group (USA UniChip
distributor in Sonoma California) (707)935-3999, said
they've gotten the UniChip to work on an L-Jet
equipped Porsche 944. If someone is willing to provide
a car, they'll tune a Unichip for L-Jet Alfa
V6's, I'd imagine the 4-cyl Spiders as well. I do not
believe anybody has taken him up on that yet. I'm
hoping that somebody can drive a stock 2.5 and 3.0 L
Alfa over to him and see what it can do. I'd do it
myself, were I not in grad school and way down here in
San Diego.

You can visit the UniChip site at:
http://www.dastek.co.za

If it works as claimed (and seen on the WRX), it will
be a significant alternative to other mods that are
not only expensive, but not easily reversible when
smog time comes.(UniChip comes with a bypass module
that can be plugged in for smog check time, a big
boost to us living in the People's Republic.)

Anyone in the Bay area willing to take a drive up to
Sonoma?

Diogenio
http://search.yahoo.com