Re: Short circuit? Electric Antenna!

Glenn:

A month without starting will run a battery down, clock & other accessories. And a short drive won't charge it enough. But, One place you might look if there is a battery drain is the electric antenna. Our '92 Spider's antenna had a drain that took two nights to flatten the battery. Disconnecting the antenna has done wonders for early morning restarting. Rewiring the antenna so it only comes up with the radio on is not, I repeat not the solution. For a week, the car started. Over the weekend the battery was down. Disconnecting the antenna has fixed our drain problem. YMMV.

Best Wishes,
Bernie Bennett
Brenham, TX