Re: 74 GTV Turn Signal Levers

Stefano,
My Dad taught me something when I was a kid, that I still remember. Mind
you, I don't think that he ever saw an Alfa. If you are working on
something that is hard to get at, remove whatever is in the way! In this
case, it's the steering wheel. Remove it. It will allow far more access to
the column stalk. The upper shroud will come off if you remove the "U"
shaped clamp that secures the steering column under the dash. When that is
removed you will have another inch of so of clearance to help remove the
upper clam shell shroud. Another trick that I learned has to do with the
turn signal springs. I have had a number of Alfa's in which the turn
signal would not return when you made the turn and you had to manually
reset the lever. Sand the column with 400 grit garnet paper or the like,
where the spring makes contact. Use front to back  or up and down (not
sideways) motion. The slight friction of this sanded surface allows the
spring to have something to grip on and will allow the turn signal to
return every time.
Take heart if you crack the upper clam shell shroud, they are available,
because even after you remove the U clamp, it is a tight squeeze. Good
luck!
Fred Zimmermann
67 Duetto
69 Berlina