Spider Valve Job

Has anyone out there had a valve job done to there 91-93 Spider and it made a
big difference in the way the engine sounds?What i mean is valve clattering
noise. Ive read that 91-93 spiders eat valve guides and was wondering if that
was the cause of my valve clattering noise when the engine is warm.
Everything else checks out in spec. Timing chain tension,Valve
clearances,smooth surfaces on cups etc I thought the only thing left was
sloppy guides.
Thanks, Tony