Re: Alfas on the road

I rarely see any italian cars on the road, either.  But last weekend, I
was driving north on I-95 from D.C to NYC, and drove past a guy and his
family in a silver 2.5 Milano.  I was pretty excited....nice to see one
of these alongside all the boring bean-mobiles on the road.  I used to
have one, and they're a blast to drive.  My wife - not much of a car
person - enjoyed seeing the Milano too, and even noticed the customary
rusty wheel arches!  Sadly, I was driving the family Toyota Previa, so
did not attempt a thumbs-up to the driver.  Strangely, he was going
only slightly above the speed limit, so could not have been a true
Alfisti.  So I tailgated him for a few miles, then passed him doing
about 80 mph.  Not one other italian car on the trip.

On a sidenote, I really enjoy driving my 164 with 156 rims and Zender
spoiler in public.  Most people just think it's a sharp car.  But
anyone under the age of 25 just keep reading 'ALFA ROMEO' (with the
accent on the first 'O') over and over again, without a clue what it
is.  If they ask, I say it's italian, you know, like a Fiat.  They say,
"What's a Fiat?".  Very sad, indeed.

Ross
1991 164L
http://tax.yahoo.com