More Milano Muffler advice (was Re: How to remove alternator in Milano)

Derek Ealy wrote:

Now if someone could offer a suggestion on how to get my bloody Ansa muffler mounted without rubbing against the halfshaft bolts I'd be really happy.
One other thing I did was bend the "ears" on the center muffler down more. This causes the rubber donuts to pull up on the center muffler a little harder. It will give you a tad more ground clearance, but more importantly will help get that S-bend up a little more.

You can do some similar bending on the rear muffler bracket arms...

Oh yeah, and I'll say it again... take a look at your rear transmission mount too. Eventually they turn to goo, which allows the whole transaxle to ride a bit higher, further reducing exhaust pipe clearance.

--Mark
The Alfa Wiki: http://alfa.denovich.org