Re: Milano muffler blues, rubbing against driveshaft

Derek Ealy wrote:

Do you guys have any suggestions on how to get this so it doesn't rub?
I hate dealing with this too. The only good recomendations are: Make sure the S bend joint is pulled together as tightly as possible. Do the same thing at the center muffler downpipes joint. This ensures that the S bend is as far forward as possible giving the most clearance over the halfshafts.

Note: That even with adequate clearance, if your transmission mounts are shot you'll rub ocassionally in tight turns and such. My Milano is up on jackstands now in preparation for fixing this.

--Mark
The Alfa Wiki: http://alfa.denovich.org