Subject: Spider mirror

Dick,
What I have experienced with these mirrors (twice) is that the piece of
plastic that flexes at a thin joint every time we flip the day / night
lever eventually snaps. I had one working reasonably well for awhile by
giving it some extra support with gaffers tape.  After that quit
working I eventually opened it up and melted (or glued) some kind of
thick plastic sheet across it (sorry, don't remember exactly what I
used).  There are probably some better ideas out there.

Tony Martie
78 Spider
http://tmpd.net

The day/night mechanism in the rearview mirror on my '86 is, as my
father
would say, "all afloat" inside. All the parts seem to be there, but the
adjuster is loose against the backing plate. If someone can figure out
what I
am talking about and has a fix that will preserve the day/night
switching
capability, please email me.