Re: Piston rings?

Wes Ingram recommends Total Seal for the oil ring
and to stay away from Deves for one of the others,
maybe the compression ring (aren't there 3 rings?).

Dan Marvin at Norman racing may have been the person
who said to stay away from the Deves. The Deves rings
were too hard and were difficult to get to seat unless broken
in just right, I believe was the reason.

Anyway, I used Total Seal on my last rebuild; last summer
in my 74 GTV. How do I like them? My oil still gets dark
and I am a bit low at change time. Can I draw conclusions
from this? I don't really know.

Stefano
Oakland, CA