s4 clutch problem

Well as usual, given long enough, the real problem will always become
apparent, usually when it completely breaks.   I changed the clutch fluid
again, went for a short drive and in a matter of 10-12 blocks of frequent
shifting, the clutch wouldn't work at all.  Opening the hood showed that the
fluid resevoir was empty!  Off to see why and the rubber boot around the
slave cylinder was as big as the Hindenberg!  A light touch gave me a shower
of fresh clean DOT 4 fluid.   No further need for hair conditioner.
I am watching closely to see if it will grow hair on my bald head though!

Now the question.  I replaced the original fluid with Valvoline Synthetic
DOT 3 DOT 4 compatable fluid.  Is this a problem?   Do Aflas not like this
stuff or was it just that the Slave cylinder was going bad to begin with?

Craig Bereznoff
93 Spider Veloce  07821
Longmont. Colorado USA
cmbereznoff@domain.elided