Click and Clack on Alfas

I heard them recommend an Alfa to someone in the Boston area who was looking
for a reasonably priced used car that was more interesting than yr avg
riceburner.  The caller quipped that Alfas were *very expensive* and Tom
Magliozzi told him he could help him find an Alfa under $1000.

That was about 1990, I think; I was charcoaling on the patio of my house that
went down the gullet of the marriage destruction industry shortly later.  The
equity left after that domestic train wreck was just enough for my first Alfa,
the Sport Sedan I bought from an Iraqi gentleman here in Portland.  I hope
he's OK.

Peace,
Joe