Re: weird things in Alfas...

In this case though, not from a previous owner.

There is, in my garage, a 1959 Spider Veloce which has (alas) been comatose for many years. Last year my son and I decided to get started on restoring it (don't want to rush into these things!). One of the first things we did was to remove the gas tank to clean it. Much to our surprise, it was very heavy and rattled a bit as we moved it.

It was stuffed (all 21 gallons of capacity, if memory serves) with dry dog food! We live in the woods in the mountains of northern New Mexico and there are lots of critters around. Including chipmunks. Now I know why Maggie the Labrador Retriever did her best to catch the little varmits.

Maybe it wasn't the best idea to remove the gas cap when the car was stored. However, there isn't any rust in the tank!

Wish I could have seen them getting in and out of the tank.

jim mcclary