RE: Spica Timing

	When rebuilding the GTV's engine,  I tried both Wes I's and my local
Alfa mech. SPICA pump timing methods just to see if  I was doing it
correctly.  I could not get them to agree....

	My local Alfa mech. said to set the engine's pulley to the 'I' just
before TDC of #4 cylinder.  I removed the distributor cap and watched
the rotor turn until it was almost to #4 TDC and then check the pulley.
Then I lined up the SPICA pump indicators and put on the belt.  Never
could get the belt on and keep the SPICA pump marks lined up perfectly
at the same - about 1/2 a tooth off.

	When I tried Wes's method, the 'answer was something like 8 teeth off.
I called Wes and he said that he didn't have an explanation for the
discrepancy.  I ended up using my Alfa mechs method.

	Bruce

	'73 GTV
	'86 Spider