RE: Spica Timing

I believe Wes Ingram's book describes an alternate method of timing the pump
that might be useful to double check the setting. I'd have to check the
details, but the book describes a technique whereby the engine is set at TDC
and then the pump pulley is moved a certain number of teeth ( 11 or 13? )
clockwise ( with the direction of engine rotation ) and then the belt is
installed. The pump timing does not have to be exact ( +/- 0.5 tooth spacing
) and it doesn't hurt anything if the pump timing is initially 180 degrees
off.

Rich M
72 GTV
67 Gilera, with freshly bead blasted head...