chassis stiffener

       The 6 x 15 Phone Dial wheel from the Spider Quadrifoglio and late
Spider Veloce is an extremely heavy wheel.  That may have led to the wheel
hop.
       My personal, not at all humble, opinion is that chassis stiffeners are
not legal in SCCA autocross nor in Improved Touring.  For that reason, I have
never bought one.  My 84 ITB spider race car has a very nice chassis
stiffener that goes from the top of the firewall over my head into the trunk
behind the shock towers.  I normally call it a roll cage rather than a
chassis stiffener...

Ciao,
Russ Neely
Oklahoma City