'86 GTV-6
now with 3.0 liter 'S' engine
and Power Steering

On Monday, March 31, 2003, at 03:43 PM, alfa-digest wrote:

Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 14:04:09 -0500 (EST)
From: Richard Welty <rwelty@domain.elided>
Subject: Re: V6 timing belt, the well worn subject...

On Mon, 31 Mar 2003 18:39:45 +0000 webb.p@domain.elided wrote:

I'm going to be installing new cams in my Verde. How much extra work is
it to
change the timing belt at the same time? Lets assume that I'm not
replacing
the water pump or tensioner, just the belt itself.
i don't see how you can do the cams w/o taking the belt off and putting it
back on. at that point, the labor cost is dominant and you're crazy not to
do the whole shooting match all at once.

richard
- --
Richard Welty rwelty@domain.elided
Averill Park Networking 518-573-7592