Metric fuel hose: follow-up info

Thanks for the 5 replies I received on the 8mm fuel rail hose for my 1995
164LS.

I bought 5/16 inch hose at the local generic parts store (Kragen), which is
about 7.94mm.

As I disassembled the existing hose, installed by the local Alfa shop
(SIlicon Valley Performance), I discovered that it was marked "BMW". In
looking at the cross-section of the BMW hose versus the 5/16" hose I bought,
the BMW hose has significantly more fiber reinforcement material (looking at
the cross-section).

An FYI for other owners...5/16 generic works, but 8mm BMW appears to be
better.

Karl