Re: Urgent request: Crank nut removal tricks

Ian Lomax wrote:
  Any trick to remove
loctite like substances?  He's stumped, and I hope to
have a solution for him when I leave work tonight.
This isn't going to help you, but I resorted to this trick when faced with a crank pulley nut on my Acura that I could just not budge (impact wrenches, cheaters, heat, you name it)...

Remove the ignition wire from the coil. Put a wrench on the nut, and brace the handle against the floor so that it can't turn. Get in the drivers seat and turn the key. The starter was more than enough to spin the nut loose, it did it so easily I almost didn't think it worked.

--Mark
The Alfa Wiki: http://alfa.denovich.org