Re: Urgent request: Crank nut removal tricks

that's the "tubafour" trick.  you can also do this on
most alfas, just use a 2x4 to protect the fender, and
another piece of wood to wedge the socket on the nut
so it doesn't fall off.

but like you mentioned, this doesn't work when the
engine is on a stand.  doh!

the nut came off eventually, or rather was cut off.

cheers,
ian