GTV6 Stereo Question

Folks - my recently acquired GTV6 has 5 1/4 inch speakers installed in the
side panels, under each back-seat window.  Was this a location where
speakers were mounted if the car came with a factory stereo?  Just wondering
if the car was still stock in this regard, or cut-up.  It has had a stereo
in the past; was sold to me with radio-delete plate installed.

Gratzi, Rob
San Ramon, CA USA