Steering Box Grease

All the discussion of steering box grease/oils has me wondering why people don't just replace the lower oil seal.  I've done the job on both my 750 Giulietta and my '74 GTV.  The job is well within the capability of most owners.  On the GTV, I was able to read the numbers off the seal while it was still in the box from under the car.  With a new seal in hand before disassembly, I was able to do the job in well under an hour.  As I recall, the only "special" tools required are a 32mm? socket and a gear puller to remove the steering arm from below.

If anyone needs more detailed instructions, contact me off-line.  I'll try to help.

Erik Wood