156 brake sensor wire

Last weekend I had new tyres fitted to my T reg. (99) 156 2.5 V6 and
noticed that there is a wire snapped on the front near side brake system.
It appears to have connected to a two way quick connect on the upper left
of the system (as you look at it from the wheel).  It looks like a wire to
the pad wear sensor but I'm not sure as there are no warning lights
currently lit on the dash.  The car is due for a service in two months and
I would like to know if it is safe to keep driving with the disconnected
(judging by the dirt in the connector it's been a while) or should I get it
repaired immediately.  It looks like the loom may need replacing as the
wire is only just long enough to reach.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Alan.