Re:steering idler

At 02:04 AM 3/22/03 +0000, you wrote:
can anyone say with any certainty whether the idler box from late model
Spiders, say 84 and newer, would fit any and all earlier 105/115 models?
say my 69 1750 GTVeloce, for instance...

thanks for any and all info.
Good question. My experience is that the 105/115 idler arms are interchangeable within Spider/GTV/Berlina. I'm about to install a late '74 berlina idler in an earlier Berlina, the number cast on it is 10500-2410001.

Related question: This idler feels tight with no apparent bushing wear, off a chassis with 90,000 miles. I was going to disassemble so that I could grease the shaft and bushing. Any suggestions for such maintenance?