Re: ES-12 Hydrocarbon Refrigerant (Alfa)

John:

Maybe 134a would be ok. Our 164 L got converted to 134a last summer. If its cooling performance is 'reduced' that isn't 'obvious' to us. Here it Texas it cools great!

Best Wishes,
Bernie Bennett

3 automatic Alfas
'91 164L & '94 LS R-134a
'92 Spider probably still R12

Has anybody had long-term success with the ES-12a HC freon replacement in a 164 or GTV that they would like to report on? Joe Elliott (and others) have reported in the past about converting to ES-12 but I have not seen any follow-up reports that I can remember, at least. I am putting a new compressor in my 164 and don't want to pay for freon but don't like the reduced performance of 134a, so am very interested in knowing whether ES-12 is a long-term solution. Thanks in advance-

John Maclay
'64 2600 Spider (CA license plate 2600)
'91 164 L (CA license plate 164 L)