ES-12 Hydrocarbon Refrigerant (Alfa)

Has anybody had long-term success with the ES-12a HC freon replacement in a
164 or GTV that they would like to report on?  Joe Elliott (and others) have
reported in the past about converting to ES-12 but I have not seen any
follow-up reports that I can remember, at least.  I am putting a new
compressor in my 164 and don't want to pay for freon but don't like the
reduced performance of 134a, so am very interested in knowing whether ES-12
is a long-term solution.  Thanks in advance-

John Maclay
'64 2600 Spider (CA license plate 2600)
'91 164 L (CA license plate 164 L)