Spider chassis stiffener

Greetings Alfisti !

I bought one of the "copied" stiffeners from Dave Sisson a few years back. Half the price of the "official one". It bolted onto my Duetto perfectly with zero cursing. Since I never drove the car without it I can't give a comparison but the car is really stiff in corners with not too much movement over railroad tracks.

As for the function of the thing, it was explained to me thusly ( by an aerospace engineer and Alfa race car builder ):

When the car twists the body is lengthening or stretching. The stiffener resists this motion.

Makes sense to me .

Ciao !

Dan
67 Duetto