Re: Door Panel Removal - GTV6 How to?

Rob asked:

Folks - what's the easiest, and least damaging method for the removal of
the
panel?   Yes, I need to get to the electrics.
This is from memory so I may miss something.  It is also based on my '84 but
I think an '86 would be similar.  First you need to get the armrest off.
There are screws behind the plastic trim plate and behind the horizontal
"stripe" on the armrest. These pieces fit into little flanges molded into the
armrest.  Gently pry them out to gain access to the screws, which are at the
bottom of the holes you will see under the trim pieces.  Next is the
rectangular bezel around the inside door latch.  This needs to slide either
forward or back (I don't recall which) to release the little clips holding
them in place.  Go easy here. Do not try to pry them out or you will break the
little plastic ears off and they will be junk.  Once the armrest and handle
bezel are off it is time to attack the panel itself. This is held on by
plastic expandable pins into holes around the perimeter of the panel. Find or
make a thin prybar of some sort that will fit behind the edge of the panel and
using it, get as close to a pin as you can and gently pry the pin out of the
hole in the door.  Start at the bottom and work your way around the door.
(the best tool would have a "C" notch in it so it would fit around the pin
sort of like a nail puller on a claw hammer)  Once all the pins are out of
their holes you can slip the panel down out of the trim piece at the bottom of
the window.

John