Hood Latch Adjustment?

To get my hood closed on my GTV6, I have to slam it down hard, too hard, to
get the thing latched shut.  Would this be due to the latch being worn out,
or does it/can it be adjusted?  It needs to be slammed so hard that bolts in
the Teatray have started to detach from the tray itself.
I was at Alfa Parts in Berkeley yesterday afternoon, and Jon Norman said I
might have to replace the latch.  Just wondering if first: there's another
possible reason for the problem, if there is another solution.

Gratzi,
Rob in Nor-Cal USA