RE: Audi Nuvolari?

What's even more ironic about the Nuvolari is the designer:  Walter
daSilva.  I see quite a few Alfa design cues in it.  So did Sniff
Petrol:

"AUDI stunned show goers with its handsome Nuvolari concept. Chief
designer Walter of Silver explained some its design influences; 'What
you see on this car will influence the unique look of future Audis. You
see the grille extends down deep into the front facia, the headlamps
have become narrower and more aggressive and at the rear we note the
tail lamps are also narrower and wider. We're also thinking of offering
four door saloons with concealed rear door handles and perhaps using a
radical offset front license plate.' Of Silver later denied that he was
lobbying the company to change its name to Audi Romeo, and insisted he
was not simply rehashing the old tricks he has already used at Alfa and
SEAT. 'That's plainly not true,' he spat, 'I think you'll understand
more when you see our next large saloon, the A156.'"

Ciao,
John
Seattle, WA

'73 115.01