RE: Chassis Stiffener for Spider

I concur. My Spider has MUCH less cowl shake since I added the stiffener
a few years ago. When I installed mine, the holes did not align, by a
shade over 1/16", one side. I was able to tweak the car and get the
bolts through the original holes by jacking up one side of the unibody
"frame" rail with a block of wood. The stiffener's front cross piece may
not fit with all aftermarket headers, but as I understand it, the vast
majority of the stiffness benefit comes from the two longitudinal pieces
anyway.
[Full disclosure/vested interest: I work for IAP]
Mark Lee
IAP

Jim,
       I highly recommend the chassis stiffener.  I weighed mine on the
bathroom scale before I intalled it - 38lbs.  Cowl shake is greatly
reduced.
Installation is pretty easy.  It took me about 6hrs to do mine.

       It's on my all time list of most effective Spider upgrades

<snip>

Cheers,
Charlie