From: Bill Alber
Date: Wednesday, 19 March 2003 06:00:00 AM
To: alfa-digest@domain.elided
Subject: Engine washing

Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 10:34:20 EST
From: MRAXLROZE@domain.elided
Subject: (no subject)

hey guys..i have a quick question...i degreased my engine and hosed it
down..and now my car wont start....do you think it has anything to do with
me
hosing it down?

john m nyc
1987 milano verde

John; i had a 164 for a few years and every time i washed the engine (twice)
it wouldn't start. I had to take EVERYTHING off of the top of the engine and
fit a long tube to my shop vac and suck all of the water out of the spark
plug
wells and blow all of the coil contacts dry. My mechanic told me "don't wash
the engine dummy". Words to live by.

Bill