Re: spica fuel line routing

> What are the symptoms that you are experiencing? If
> the restrictor is gone, I
> would expect a constant low fuel pressure warning
> light. If the restrictor is
> plugged, I am not sure what the immediate symptom
> would be, but the
> long-range problem would be eventual damage to the
> pump since it relies on a
> constant flow-thru of gasoline for cooling.

It's a long - and getting longer - ugly and painful
story.  I'm trying to "save" a 75 Alfetta with only
62k original miles.  The low miles are most likely due
it sitting unused for at least the past 10 years.

Ignoring my own advice (never buy a car that doesn't
run when you can afford better) I just couldn't see
this straight, relatively rust free Alfetta go to
parts.

I have so far replaced the fuel, fuel lines, both
filters, the points, plugs and T/A.  It gets good
spark, the timing is close enough, and the injection
timing was reset since it was apparently 360 deg. off.

I need to double check the pump timing and test the
fuel pressure before I yank the SPICA pump and try a
different one.  More symptoms next...

Ian Lomax
http://platinum.yahoo.com