Spica troubleshooting

I'm looking for furhter ways to diagnose my Spica
injection pump before pulling and replacing it.

Here's one symptom that has me second guessing the
injection pump.  On a spare pump I can push the fuel
lever (that attaches to the long rod) towards it's
stop, as the T/A would do from the engine warming up.
On this pump, the T/A will move it, but I can't move
it manually from the exterior.  I can also move the
lever on the pump on my 71 Spider , which leads me to
believe that something is broken or jammed internally.
 Does this mean anything, or am I chasing my tail?

Next up, besides checking fuel pressure and double
checking pump timing, is checking the barometric
capsule spring, to make sure it's on the correct
notch.

Cheers,
Ian Lomax
Perplexed in Norcal