'86 GTV-6
now with 3.0 liter 'S' engine
and Power Steering

On Monday, March 17, 2003, at 10:02 AM, alfa-digest wrote:

Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 02:11:39 -0500
From: "Dean W. Cains" <dwc@domain.elided>
Subject: Momo steering hub needed

Hi Group:

What's the current availability of Momo (genuine and other) steering hubs,
specifically for my '87 Spider Veloce?

I know that Caribou and Bruce's Parts Bin both have the Jet hubs, which
aren't really all that nice, nor do they collapse in a collision, which I
think is a valuable safety feature. Re-Originals also sells some hubs that
I haven't seen, but they may also be Jet.

I've already called Momo USA (somewhere in California) and they don't have
what I need, nor do they know if that part is even still produced. Several
e-mails to Momo in Italy only have resulted in referrals back to Momo USA,
so they're no help. I've been warned that Spider Point (in Germany) claims
to sell genuine Momo hubs, but in fact ships Jet hubs to overseas
customers. Anyone know of other overseas sources for a genuine Momo hub?

Can anyone add anything else to the mix, before I end up settling for the
non-Momo part? Will a hub kit from any other Alfa fit my '87, as some
others are available from Momo, but I don't know the differences, and
neither does Momo USA? Thanks in advance. I can't wait to trash that
crappy, plastic OEM wheel and shift knob. What were they thinking?

This is a subject that pops up on the Digest occasionally, and I think it's
of interest to more than a just few of us, so if anyone can provide some
useful info, please email me directly, but also don't forget to CC: the
Digest. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Dean
Lutz, FL