Re: 164 alternator issue (belts)

In a strange sort of follow-up question to my own response, I find that
I now have a question for the digest.  As noted in my reply to doug re:
alternator issues, and following on the heels of his response about the
self-destructing belt, I ask:
Should one replace belts which have seen some coolant (and a little
subsequent slipping)?  These belts aren't too old (10-15k, with my last
timing belt job), but they got a good soaking in hot coolant this
weekend.  I did hose them off well after replacing the broken hose
clamp, but what's the general wisdom on this?  I'd be paying the pros
for this job, as things are tight in there and I hear it takes a crowbar
to set the tension, but I'll do it if I should.

Jeff Matson
Harvard, MA
'91 164 L
'74 GTV 2000