"New" car mileage

Carson,
In 1991 my BW bought a new car (marque shall go un-named) that we were led
to believe it had 50 miles on it.
She test drove a car identical except in color. The "Black" one was at
another dealer 50 miles away.
Naturally we figured it would have between 100 and 150 miles on it when it
arrived.
 Wrong! 775 miles!!! And, we had to agree to bring it back in a week for a
service appt. to get a scratch buffed out!
They still insisted it was new and would not budge on price.
I need to add here that this was the "ONLY" "BLACK" two door" "XXXXXX" with
a 5 spd, within 300 miles and Mama HAD to have it.
So it goes! (damn, almost typed something french!)
Dave Partridge
76 Spider
"Free advice is worth what you make of it."
BTW, we did write a letter to the "Dealer Ship Chain" Owner, he sent us a
formal apology and a check for $150.00