O2 sensor output

Ken,

>You wrote;
>Also, Has anyone monitored their O2 sensor output voltage for any length of
time? I have connected a
>voltmeter to the sensor, and the output voltage is all over the place. It
ranges from 100 mV up to 850 mV.
>I know it is supposed to be 450 mV at idle, but it is not constant. Is it
time for a new one?

I just did battle with an O2 sensor problem. In my car, "cruella" the proper
"range" was from .4 to 1.5 volts
At idle it danced between, .65 and .90 (nom 7.75), rev-ving slightly lowered
the nominal voltage of the dance to about 6.9.

(I can select either the  left or right sensor and drive around watching the
digital voltage readout, V-8)
With the bad sensor I saw a solid .65 volts. It should be changing 'cos it's
constantly adjusting your mixture.

You need to find out what the voltagr range of your sensor should be.

Dave Partridge
76 Spider
95 SDV
"Free advice is worth what you make of it."