Momo steering hub needed

Hi Group:

What's the current availability of Momo (genuine and other) steering hubs, specifically for my '87 Spider Veloce?

I know that Caribou and Bruce's Parts Bin both have the Jet hubs, which aren't really all that nice, nor do they collapse in a collision, which I think is a valuable safety feature. Re-Originals also sells some hubs that I haven't seen, but they may also be Jet.

I've already called Momo USA (somewhere in California) and they don't have what I need, nor do they know if that part is even still produced. Several e-mails to Momo in Italy only have resulted in referrals back to Momo USA, so they're no help. I've been warned that Spider Point (in Germany) claims to sell genuine Momo hubs, but in fact ships Jet hubs to overseas customers. Anyone know of other overseas sources for a genuine Momo hub?

Can anyone add anything else to the mix, before I end up settling for the non-Momo part? Will a hub kit from any other Alfa fit my '87, as some others are available from Momo, but I don't know the differences, and neither does Momo USA? Thanks in advance. I can't wait to trash that crappy, plastic OEM wheel and shift knob. What were they thinking?

This is a subject that pops up on the Digest occasionally, and I think it's of interest to more than a just few of us, so if anyone can provide some useful info, please email me directly, but also don't forget to CC: the Digest. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Dean
Lutz, FL
'74 & '87 Spider Veloce's