Re: Camshafts, Starter and Steering Box

>Finally, I'm considering an upgrade on my GTV's camshafts.  I'd like a
little
>more power, but I don't want to sacrifice too much on drivability.  The
1750
>cams would provide a little extra pep, correct?  Would I be much better off
>with Euro spec or other cams?  Bear in mind that my GTV has a stock SPICA
>setup.

Another alternative to Euro or 1750 cams for running with a stock SPICA
setup is Wes' A16 cam. I put them in my 74 GTV during a rebuild and the car
pulls great. Wes describes the cam as slightly better than the Euro cam and
the most aggressive he would recommend with the stock SPICA setup.

It is a regrind of the stock US 2000 cam (10520) and you send him yours
and $125 each and you get them. It seems to be similar to the price of
getting
the Euro cams.

Although since it is a regrind, valve clearances may be a problem if
dropping them
into a running engine. I had Norman Racing do my head for the rebuild and I
often
talked with Mike who was doing the work. When he got the cams from me, he
was afraid he would have to make custom shims since so much was gone from
the
back of the lobe. More machine work, adding cost to everything. It turned
out that
the new valves he was putting in were longer than stock, and it worked out
just
fine. Something to keep in mind, though.

Incidentally, I never got specs for this cam. Lift and duration. Does
anybody know
the specifics of this cam? I'm just curious how much better it is than a
Euro.

Stefano
Oakland, CA