Re: Formula One vs. NASCAR

On lxrdag, mar 15, 2003, at 01:30 Europe/Amsterdam, James Tyson wrote:

<snip>

 1.NASCAR limits teams to 6 or 7 men over the wall.In Formula 1 teams
are permitted an unlimited number of men over the wall-I have counted
as many as 15;
I believe Ferrari had 21 people around the car last season. Dunno about
this one since I didn't stay up to watch Australia.

<snip lots about NASCAR which isn't so interesting>

   I watch NASCAR because there are 20-25 cars at every race that are
capable of winning.I have followed F1 since 1972 and I can recall only
3 or 4 seasons when more than 3 teams won a race.In addition,if pure
technology was all that mattered,why do F1 cars run with grooved tires
and flat bottoms?
Because _technology_ would allow these cars to run so fantastically
quickly through corners that noone would: A: want to watch it since
there would _certainly_ not be any overtaking and B: hardly anyone
would survive it for long since the predictability of a six-wheeled,
fanned, ground-effect, turbo-charged car running on slicks would be
round about zero.

   Michael-if you don't have anything useful to say ,please do the
rest of us a favor and shut up.

I, for one, enjoy Michael's rants. Please don't stop.

Jacob Haagerup,
'75 GT 1600 Jr. M, 1.8