Re: Formula One vs. NASCAR

> I watch NASCAR because there are 20-25 cars at every race that are
> capable of winning.I have followed F1 since 1972 and I can recall only 3
or
> 4 seasons when more than 3 teams won a race.

Mr. Smith's tone and his arguments about pit stops notwithstanding, the
comment above is a crystalline example of why some of us hate NASCAR with
the white-hot intensity of a thousand suns.

In a NASCAR race, anyone is capable of "winning" because the whole series is
artificially contrived specifically to that end.  They equal out the
performance of the cars, virtually at every race weekend.  If there has not
been a caution flag by a certain number of laps, officials will display a
"competition yellow" to bunch the field back up, ostensibly to "allow
competitors to evaluate tire wear."  It's a joke.  It's like professional
wrestling.  It's a big show, full of sound and fury, but signifying nothing.

Sure, anyone car "win", but is it a real victory?  NASCAR fans say yes, and
I say no.  In fact, I'd go so far as to say that the only thing more
pathetic than NASCAR selling this horse dung of a series is that fact that
most of America is actually BUYING.

Paul Misencik
Huntersville, NC  28078
email: paul@domain.elided