Formula One vs. NASCAR

Dear Mr. Smith:Rather than being "truly ignorant",those of us who appreciate both F1 and NASCAR understand the distinctions between these two forms of racing.I attended 3 Grand Prix races at Watkins Glen and have followed F1 since 1972. I am confident that my knowlege of F1 is equal to yours.For your education there are huge technical distinctions between F1 and NASCAR pit stops,to-wit:
1.NASCAR limits teams to 6 or 7 men over the wall.In Formula 1 teams are permitted an unlimited number of men over the wall-I have counted as many as 15;
2.NASCAR requires refueling cans that are gravity- fed as opposed to F1's high pressure direct feed;
3.stock cars have 5 lug mounts whereas F1 uses center lock hubs;
The net result is that a NASCAR pit stop requires each tire changer to remove five lug nuts with an impact,remove the tire,grab the new tire(with new lug nuts glued onto the wheel),place the new tire on the five lugs,zip the lugs on with the impact,then run around to the other side of the car and repeat the process.All of this,changing 4 tires and adding 2 cans of fuel, is now done in 13-14 seconds.
NASCAR limits the size of the pit crew and mandates the use of gravity fed gas cans in the interests of safety.The movement of a NASCAR pit crew is a synchronized thing of beauty and is itself a matter of interest to the spectators.
I have no doubt that stock car pit crews could change 4 tires and refuel in less than 7 seconds if NASCAR rules were changed.
I watch NASCAR because there are 20-25 cars at every race that are capable of winning.I have followed F1 since 1972 and I can recall only 3 or 4 seasons when more than 3 teams won a race.In addition,if pure technology was all that mattered,why do F1 cars run with grooved tires and flat bottoms?
Michael-if you don't have anything useful to say ,please do the rest of us a favor and shut up.